Looking to build your net worth and wondering if investing in property is a wise choice? There is a lot of negative articles and reports on the current condition of the Australian property market. Yet despite the softening of the market in recent months, property remains a solid investment choice for many Australians.

 

Let’s look at the top 5 reasons why property remains a favourable investment choice to build net worth.

 

  1. Property trends upwards

Despite the fluctuations we see in property cycles, the ongoing trend is upwards. Despite softenings in the market like we are seeing now, the market does indeed recover and once again, move in an upwards trajectory.

 

  1. Property is stable

70% of Australian homeowners are owner-occupiers. The other 30% are investors. This gives investors a unique position in the market. The 70% owner-occupier contingent gives investors a cushion on which to fall upon should there be a mass exodus of investor activity.

 

  1. It is open to all Australians

Unlike a lot of other investment strategies, property investment is open to a large majority of Australians. The certainty or property as a stable investment, means that banks are able to loan up to 95% of the property value to potential investors. Despite a tightening on lending criteria in the recent year as a result of the Royal Banking Commission, property investment remains an appealing investment choice for many Australians.

 

  1. You can improve your investment

Whilst you are at the mercy of the performance of big companies when it comes to investing in shares, you can make immediate changes to your investment to increase the Return on Investment. Quick cosmetic fixes, extensions or full renovations can go a long way to increasing the value of your property, and in term, greater rental yields.

 

  1. Tax benefits

The tax benefits for investing in property and wide and many. Speak with your tax advisor on the ways you can leverage property to reduce your taxable income.

 

If you are looking to build your net worth by investing in property, call Angela for a confidential discussion about your investment opportunities.

Posted on Friday, 08 March 2019
in Latest News

Previous

Looking to build your net worth and wondering if investing in property is a wise choice? Despite the softening of the market in recent months, property remains a solid investment choice for many Australians.

Share This Post


Archived Posts